Okay, so this is not my usual healthy post, but it IS gluten-free and so delicious! Recipe below.
- cooking spray
- 1 pound fresh apples, cored, and cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 pound fresh Bartlett pears, cored, and cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp dark brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 large egg
- 6 tbsp dark brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Bob’s Redmill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 6 tbsp organic, soy free butter (I used Nature’s Promise sweet cream)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 9- X 9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place apple and pear slices in a medium bowl. Toss with lemon juice and sugar; set aside.
- To make topping, in another medium bowl, beat egg. Add sugar, salt and cinnamon; mix to combine. Add oats; mix well.
- Spoon fruit into prepared baking dish and evenly sprinkle oat mixture on top; drizzle with melted butter. Bake until fruit starts to bubble and topping starts to brown, about 45 to 50 minutes. Allow crisp to cool for a minimum of 2 hours. Cut into 9 pieces and serve.
- Serving size: 1 piece – I topped with fat free whipped cream
- The longer the crisp is cooled, the more the fruit juices will be absorbed. If the crisp is cut after two hours, the fruit will be a compote-consistency. Let it sit longer and it will become quite firm.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger for a more robust spice flavor.