The Dukan Diet Vietnamese Beef recipe, comes directly from the Dukan Diet book. It’s meant for those on the Attack Phase, but can be used during any phase!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes, plus 30 minutes for marinating
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 10 oz. of beef sirloin steak (or beef cubes meant for stew like I use)
- 1 tbsp freshly peeled ginger, crushed
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Cut the meat into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, and pepper. Put the met into a dish and pour the mixture over it.
- Cover the meat and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- To cook, heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, place olive oil in the skillet , and the crushed garlic.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and drain. Discard the marinade.
- Once the garlic has started to brown, about 3 minutes, add the meat, and cook over a very high heat, mixing rapidly for 10-15 seconds. The meat should be served on the rarer side (although I tend to still do medium-well).
- Garnish with cilantro