The Dukan Diet Tandoori Chicken recipe, comes directly from the Dukan Diet book. It’s meant for those on the Attack Phase, but can be used during any phase!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes, plus overnight marinating
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 fresh green chili peppers
- 1 1/2 c. fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. tandoori masala spice mix
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Crush the garlic, ginger, and chili peppers completely
- Mix the garlic mixture with the yogurt, spice mix, lemon juice, salt and pepper, until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Score the chicken breasts and coat them with the yogurt mixture, cover, then place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- The next day, remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade. Place the breasts in an ovenproof dish in a single layer.
- Bake the breasts in a preheated 400-degree oven for 20 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 170-degrees. Turn the oven up to broil and brown the chicken for an additional 5 minutes before serving.