The Dukan Diet Lettuce Wrap Burritos recipe, comes directly from the Dukan Diet book. It’s meant for those on the Cruise Phase.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 lbs. 93% lean ground beef
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium tomato juice
- 3/4 c. tomato paste
- 1/2 c. low-sodium beef broth
- 8 big iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 tbsp. no sugar added tomato sauce, store bought
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the crushed garlic cloves, the diced onion, and 1 tbsp. of water. Cook until the onions and garlic become tender, about 5 min.
- Add the ground beef and stir continuously until cooked to medium, about 5 min.
- Add the sweet pepper, chopped chili pepper, 1/2 tbsp. tomato juice, tomato paste, and the beef broth to the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Lay the lettuce leaves on a platter and fill each with an equal portion of the beef mixture. Add the remaining 1/2 tbsp. tomato juice and the tomato sauce to the filled lettuce leaves.