The Dukan Diet Chicken Marengo recipe, comes directly from the Dukan Diet book. It’s meant for those on the Cruise Phase.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. fresh thyme or a pinch of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. slice mushrooms (optional)
- In a nonstick frying pan with a lid, place the sliced onions to cover the bottom and ad the chicken broth. Simmer until the onions are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, thyme, pepper, and salt.
- Place the chicken on the inions and add the wine. Cover and allow to cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and set aside. Reduce the excess liquid by rapidly boiling the pan juices, uncovered for a few seconds.
- Pour the juices over the chicken and serve.