- 2 cups Gluten-free all-purpose flour (Bob’s Redmill makes a good one)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup cinnamon chips, chocolate chips or other additive
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup milk (I used vanilla flavored almond milk)
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, xantham gum and baking soda into a large bowl. Add cinnamon chips, chocolate chips or other additive and toss to combine.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with pastry blender or two knives until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir milk into yogurt in a small bowl until combined
- Gradually add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just until dough begins to form. Transfer to surface sprinkled with flour. Knead 5 or 6 times until dough holds together. Divide into two pieces.
- Pat each dough piece into 5-inch circle about 1/2-inch thick. Cut each circle into 6 wedges with floured knife. Place scones 2 inches apart on un-greased baking sheets. Sprinkle scones with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 10-14 minutes until lightly brown.