Spicy Roasted Garlic & Vegetable Quinoa
Submitted by Chef Jess
- 1 whole garlic head
- 1 T. oliveoil
- ¼ t. crushed red pepper
- ½ C. quinoa,uncooked
- 1 C. chicken broth
- ½ C. baby spinach leaves, fresh
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ t. salt
- 1/8 t. black pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cut the garlic, crosswise to remove the top portion of the head. Sprinkle with olive oil. Wrap in foil and bake for 30 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Place quinoa and broth in a pot, bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Place in a large bowl.
- Add roasted garlic, spinach, tomato, green onion, pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss and serve immediately.
About Jessica Swift
Contributor, Registered Dietician and Chef Jessica Swift specializes in culinary arts, nutrition, recipe testing and writing! Chef Jess provides healthy and delicious foods for those experiencing food ailments, intolerance, or disease. Chef Jess provides her expertise to many individuals, groups and corporate settings. She is greatly involved in the nutrition community and teaches her clients to… “eat good and live great!” If you’re interested in contacting her, click here.