I love throwing small dinner parties for my girlfriends. Last night, I created a new menu with new recipes. Below are my contributions to it.
Sweet Potato Rounds
- 1 unpeeled sweet potato
- Spicy black beans
- Crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- Spicy salsa
- Cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice sweet potato to about 1/2 inch thick pieces and place in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet
- Roast until browned on bottoms, about 30-35 minutes (gas oven)
- Top them with black beans, cheese, salsa and cilantro
- 2 cups burgundy wine
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 filets of filet mignon (6 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp burgundy wine
- 1/2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the Burgundy wine, canola oil, soy sauce, garlic and oregano. Bring to a boil, and then remove from heat. Place in refrigerator for one hour, or until chilled.
- Place the filets in a 9X13 inch baking dish, and pour the chilled marinade over them. Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 5 hours.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1 tsp of Burgundy wine. Mix in minced onion and chopped green onion, cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Either in a skillet or grill, cook filets to desired doneness and remove.
- Dollop with butter mixture and place in a clean glass baking dish. Place in the pre-heated oven until butter mixture has melted.
Tarragon and Merlot Truffles
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup tarragon leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp merlot red wine
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- Place the cream and chocolate in a microwave-safe glass dish and melt the mixture in the microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds. Remove and stir.
- Stir in tarragon, wine and salt until smooth
- Refrigerate for two hours until firm. Let the mixture then stand at room temperature until moldable, which takes about 45 minutes.
- Using a melon scoop (or tablespoon), scoop level amounts of the truffle mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Roll into 1/2 inch balls
- Place cocoa powder in a small bowl. Roll truffles in the powder until coated
- Arrange on a platter and serve or refrigerate in an air-tight container