In my quest for finding more ways to satiate my pallet, I stumbled across two recipes that I’ve re-made to be gluten-free. Both have received high praises, which is the only way they’d land here to begin with 🙂 Enjoy!
(Variations also include adding bacon, a dollop of sour cream on top, red/green peppers)
- Heat over to 400 degrees and grease a 9″ pie plate.
- Cook turkey and onion til turkey is browned, drain well.
- Spread in pie plate.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Stir remaining ingredients til blended and pour into pie plate.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Huevos Rancheros(Serves 2)
- Six corn tortillas
- Four eggs
- 1/2 green pepper (use 1/4 if also including red pepper), chopped
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 med-sized red potatoes, cooked, diced
- 1 TBSP Cilantro
- 1 TBSP parsley
- 1 TBSP chile powder
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1/2 cup mango salsa
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a frying pan, heat oil and brown sugar until the brown sugar is melted but not thick. Add in tortillas, frying them on both sides. They are done when they are slightly brown (from the sugar) and slightly crispy
- Remove tortillas from frying pan and place on plate, single layer
- Combine eggs, peppers, cheese, onion, bacon, potatoes and spices in another pan until mixture is fully scrambled and cooked.
- Place one tortilla on the plate, spoon 1/2 a cup of the mixture and place another tortilla on top. Repeat this one more time.
- Pour half of the mango salsa on top, sprinkle on some cheddar cheese, and half of the sour cream